The intention is that DIP will be a three-year programme with follow-up in 2010 and 2011.
The funds made available to the Norwegian Design Council are earmarked for specific projects, which together make up DIP in 2009:
- Design Pilot: A programme that provides financial support for enterprises wishing to implement pilot projects based on design-driven innovation.
- Design Diagnosis: A national study to investigate the actual differences that exist in wealth creation between users and non-users of design in Norwegian enterprises
- Design Effect: A new award from the Norwegian Design Council that measures the effect of design in order to obtain and make available evidence and cases demonstrating the benefits of design projects in businesses and the public sector.
Over a three-year period DIP will thus help ensure:
- that with the aid of specific business facts we can put design on the agenda in Norwegian boardrooms
- that the authorities use the national database of factual information obtained to draw up an even more targeted programme of action for design in business policy in the years ahead
- that we draw on the practical experiences of design-driven innovation methods to help disseminate knowledge both in the business sector and in the design industry.
Questions concerning DIP can be e-mailed to Skule Storheill, Director R&D and Innovation, at email@example.comPUBLISHED 04.06.2009 15:39